Sunday 9 October 2005

On Imelda and Places

As much as I would just like to wait at the waiting shed, I have no choice but to wait for my brother at just outside his room as we haven't talked were exactly shall the two of us meet (I was still in dream land when he went to school).

I was really in a dilemma as I have to pass through a gathering of girl scouts which of course was headed by my old teachers...Anyways, to put the story short, there was really no evading them so I just approached and greeted them as the saying "Ang hindi lumingon sa pinag-galingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan" kept nagging at me.

After the introductions and recollections, I realized my horrible mistake. Mrs. Mercado grabbed the microphone (there was a program, right?) and announced to everybody my homecoming and reminisced my conquests in elementary, all the while pointing at the wall where my name was etched. Aaargghhhh!!! The experience was really horrible and embarrassing that I would have liked it very much had the floor split open and gobbled me up....

Now CJ had asked me again to fetch him come Monday. But, the experience had so traumatized me, he received an outright and big NOOOO....=)

Anyways, after years (had it been four already?) of staying in Manila and seeing garbage strewn on the streets, it's sooo refreshing to see Tagum and Davao's clean streets. It was always a wonder to me how Tagum and Davao can maintain this cleanliness when Manila can't. Surely, Manila gets more budget from the government than Tagum and Davao?? The cleanliness in my hometowns is so reminiscent of Japan...

Japan, Japan...How I missed it so...
Wonder how will Dexy celebrate her birthday?
Anyways, Happy birthday to you girl!!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment