Tuesday 6 September 2005

Farewells, Fantasies and Footloose

Yet again, I bid another friend goodbye, yesterday.
She's bound for Oman...
For us women, it's some kind of "unchartered" territory and so I really admire Sandara's courage and determination.
You're one hell of a good engineer Sandara, and wherever your dream may lead you, I say kudos to you even as early as now...=)

Anyways, after sending off Sandara, I went to Ortigas to meet my friends Dexy and Keitaro for the Footloose play. Dexy still has to come from Alabang, so Keitaro and I waited at MiniStop for her. After some time, we went to Edsa Shrine to visit the church as we may not be able to attend mass that Sunday (which reminded me that I havent been to Mass for 3 weeks in a row now). Inside the church, I felt that sense of peace and calm I only feel in certain churches. With Edsa Shrine, I felt what I have always felt at Ateneo Chapel back home...I felt like I was home...The aisle is too short for my wedding though..hahaha...Inside the church, I was also reminded of my 5 year-long dream of joining the Bukas Palad choir. A dream that may remain only a dream as the group is really good and Edsa so sooo far from my dormitory..sniff..a fantasy, it would remain...

Having had no expectations in the first place, I enjoyed Footloose. "I Need a Hero" was good, especially the punch line "I need a man". Scenes with the parents, especially Agot's, was touching and I rrreally, rrreally like "Almost Paradise". I may have to sing "I need a hero" first before I can get to sing "Almost Paradise"...hahaha

Anyways, looking at the actors on the stage singing and dancing, I was once again reminded of yet again another "long-time" dream of being on the stage as "Kim" of Miss Saigon..Another fantasy yes..hehe..But on second thoughts, I'd like to be "Ellen" as "Chris" chose to stay with her...

We strolled around the mall after that, trying to look for some outfit for Dexy. I ended up falling in love with a couple of dresses though while not one dress attracted her. As I said, I'll end up dirt poor buying all the dresses I want if ever I accompany Dexy in her shopping spree. I just might have to give up being Dexy's couturier.=P

No comments:

Post a Comment