Sunday 14 August 2005

praticum hubbub

Today had been such a hectic day...

Practicum's to be at makati and i am yet to buy my attire and accessories (sm southmall opens at 10). In an hour's rush, i got to buy what i needed and so off i go to makati to meet a friend who knows the bar where we were supposed to have our practicum. By the time I got to her house, i'm about to drop with hunger and my aching feet was killing me. As i was already late (we need to be at the bar by 12 yet i was still not dressed around 1), I have to eat, dress and apply make-up (what little i know) all in 30 min's time.

My friend's house was just walking distance to the bar and so i have no choice but to walk, though i was REALLY self-conscious with my attire (it was simple for some people i guess..but being the certified manang i am, it's a bit sexier than what should be).

My friend and I got lost for like 15 min i think..hehe..we made the wrong turn...and so what little poise i had left, evaporated as my aching feet was consuming my consciousness and the stiffling heat was suffocating.

Anyways, my friend and I reached the bar after some time and she left me to fetch our other friends who'll be watching me perform also. While waiting for them, I got homesick and felt so alone...Every other practicumer have their parents, family and friends with them and yet I sat at the corner, alone....

Anyways, supposedly, our group was to be at the second half of the program but due to technical errors with the other group (the outher group is another branch of the center i enrolled in). we were made to present first. This got me really panicky as my friends havent arrived yet and there's no one to whom I can leave my bag and stuff with. Worse, there's no one to support and watch me perform, much less take pictures of me. Being emotional as i am, i was near tears already. At the back of my mind, I was afraid that tears may fall while im singing my fast/danceable song. Anyways, my friends just got in time. No sooner were they able to sit when the DJ played my song.

Dancing while singing is still a difficult feat for me but the dancing really helped a lot in concealing my shaking hands (the worst shaking i've had during performance so far..hehe). My second song was easier because it is a slow one and it's easy to put emotions on it as i can relate to it....hehe..I was just afraid though that i may not be able to reach the high tones as my throat was already very dry.

All in all, my friends (and i think the rest of the audience too) liked my performance so I'm really happy...

To God be the glory...=)

PS
A friend texted me and asked how was my practicum. I told her it was pretty okay i think and that the crowd "loved" my "common baby" part. She said the stage can really transform you in to something else... And she's right. On stage, your courage, your talent, your presence of mind, and your quick thinking among other things is put to test and it is a challenge for you to put all your faculties to work and perform their best. Just one performance is a wholistic transformation in itself......

No comments:

Post a Comment