Thursday 16 July 2009

Eleven Minutes

It's been raining since last night. Raining hard, without letdown. If not for the good book I was reading and for my usual comfort food (tuna fried rice hehe) at home, my mood would have been as depressed as the weather is.

But anyways, to Eleven Minutes. I've heard of this probably some 5 years ago already. Although I liked Paolo Coelho's books, I was't interested with this one since I was told that it was about a very sensitive topic - about a prostitute and about sex. I felt that I wasn't ready nor was in the mood for this. The other night, while i got started in organizing files in my laptop, I saw the book and decided to give it a try. Not that I feel i'm ready now but that I remembered how friends and favorite persons really recommended this book that I decided to take a look at it.

And I was hooked. Indeed it talked about a prostitute. But an intellectual prostitute at that with thoughts that provoked you to think and rationalize as well. And surprisingly, I found myself immensely liking this book that talked about loneliness and the search for love and finding it, all set in the plot of prostitution and sex trade. I liked it so much that I finished reading the book in 24 hours, when I should have been resting because of my colds. No discipline I know. hehe.

Disclaimer though: I think this book should be read by an adult that has an open mind. =D

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in this book will try. By the way, Yurindo in Landmark, which sold many books including English books, will be closed. It is a pity. It may be because Amazon has grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still haven't gotten over the effects on reading this book till now. haha. i liked it that much. though as i said, it should be read with an open mind. hehe.
    and oh no! yeah it is a pity! Couldn't really blame the consumers (us, hehe) though since it's much much cheaper with Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and I cannnot blame Amazon user since I often use Amazon.
    It's so convenient. But walking around the bookstore is enjoyable since I can meet good books unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete