Tuesday 9 June 2009

Spring out, Time Travel in

Just finished reading Yukio Mishima's Spring Snow. And although it's time for bed already, i'm tempted to go start my next book in line - The Time Traveller's Wife (Zoey's "happy thing" for me on my 29th birthday) - for wanting to have some feel-good story erase the depressing mood that the Spring Snow impressed on me. The book had such a sad and very abrupt ending that I flipped the last pages again and again, which I very well know contained only Mishima's profile and ads about his other books, hoping each flip would give me the epilogue with a happier ending.

Hoh well. It was interesting, the ideas and rationalizations at least. And i'm glad this book is finally finished. Read this back to back with Eat Pray Love (Kitty's "happy thing" for me on my 29th birthday) just so there'll be some diversity (?). Took some 7 weeks for me to finish this, haha! Three weeks overdue on my deadline for returning to Noge Library. heh!

I'm looking forward to The Time Traveller's Wife now. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment