Saturday 13 June 2009

Missed fun, bugs and success stories

I should have been out with friends and colleagues the whole day, scouring the greater Tokyo area buying anime figures and possibly shopping at Harajuku (H&M, yeah!). For me who'll possibly be going back to our Manila office at the end of the month, this might be my last weekend for frolicking around before I seriously get started with my packing.

But lo, I woke up at 9:30am to a doorbell. I looked at the little screen showing whoever is at my front door but as I was still groggy from sleep, I didn't recognize who was at the door and just ignored the call as I thought it was just the usual weekend Jehovah's Witnesses callers. Went back to bed. Then with a jolt I remembered I was supposed to wake up early today. Then I realized it was Dougie who rang my doorbell. I checked my screen but he was gone already. Checked my phone, no call from Kitty. Turned on my laptop, and sure enough there were offline Y!M messages and on Facebook as well from should-have-been-frolicking companions. How to catch up with them? Sigh...I just might as well try to make my day as productive as I can.

I planned to get started with my packing and do my laundry. But I read "The Time Traveller's Wife" instead and had a looong nap. So no packing there. Huff.

Still groggy from my nap (this at 5:30pm), I went to my bathroom to wash my face. When I went back my bedroom cum living room, I yelped and did a tiny shriek when I saw a tiny roach lying on its back on my wooden floor. Apparently very dead. How it came about though, I have no idea. ~Shiver~ There might be other roaches lurking in other corners of my room...~Shiver~

Anyways, watched this short video from TED. Need to remind myself time and again of the formula. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment