Wednesday 10 June 2009

Electronic cigarette smoking, anyone?

Was concentrating on the work at hand when my seatmate told me about the reason for the ruckus several rows down our desks. Apparently, a colleague was sharing with everyone his packs of electronic cigarette. It was the first time I heard about this e-cigars and so after exclaiming my surprise at this and after looking at the racket from a distance (i can even see some faint smoke), I just went back to my PFDs.

But later on, when my seatmate, who was not a smoker took a puff, I asked him how it was. He then led me to our colleague's desk and together, they convinced me to try and take a puff. Told me it was safe as there's no carcinogen on it. Curiosity got the better of me so puff I did. It was awkward, having a cigarette-like stick on my mouth. When I didn't feel anything, I puffed a long one. Until I instantly felt some smoke on my lungs. Drat I can still even feel the smoke up to now, some 6 hours later, wuhuhu. It was sweet though. But most of the afternoon, I feel drugged, on a high. So that's how smokers feel...Won't be on it though. My throat doesn't feel well now.

Anyways, E-cigarettes are the latest addition to smokers' alternatives when they can't smoke on public places. It has a scent that similar to tobacco flavor and contains only water, nicotine and propylene glycol which the FDA deems safe. Supposedly electronic cigarettes doesn't contain cancer-causing agents. Check this out. And oopps, didn't know one still have to exhale the vapors. No wonder I feel bad up to now. I kept it all in! yikes! And still, it's not for people under 18, and not for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Yikes!

A curious experience. Especially one taken right in the office, where cigarette smoking is banned, in front of colleagues and the department manager at that!

1 comment:

  1. BluCigs are the best e-cigs I've ever had: http://www.blucigs.com/index.php?ref=141

    ReplyDelete