Thursday 9 April 2009

Spring-y days

Saturday found Maj, Kitty, Zoey and me in Negishi Shinrin Park for this year's traditional o-hanami. It was actually some sort of pot luck but we ended bringing more food that it was closer to a feast than a mere picnic. Of course we popped a couple of corks as we usually do in our monthly get-togethers.

Aside from a taxi mishap on our way to the park (where I almost puked on the pizza that was sitting on my lap as the taxi driver zigzagged and sped-away to make up for his mistake), it was a fun afternoon. Of course, the culmination of it was us shopping in World Porters (where, yet again, I got mugged. haha) and dinner at "To the Herbs".



Sunday was yet again an affair with the Sakura as Maj, Kitty and I hopped around Tokyo and Yokohama for great sakura spots.

First stop was Asakusa where we took the water bus for a nice view of the Sumida riverbank which was practically lined with the cherry blossom trees.

The water bus took us right smack into the center of Hama-rikyu Gardens. I've seen better looking gardens actually; I feel that the skycrapers of Shiodome somewhat spoiled the garden's beauty. But what made this garden a must-see for us is because of the teashop located in the center of the pond in the garden. For the price of 500yen, you could get to enjoy great-tasting matcha and uber-licious japanese sweet cake; both of which are served in a tea-ceremony style. And yes, while we waited for our goodies, we tried to sit Japanese-style on the tatami-laden floor. The goodies were really such goodies that I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again and again.


Next stop was Mitsuike Park in Tsurumi which is considered as one of the 100 best hanami spots in Japan and the only one found in Yokohama.

Getting there was interesting; what with Kitty chancing upon a helpful Jap dude who happened to be living right next to the park. ^_^

However, the first thing that would remind me of Mitsuike though is that we just ate a LOT there. haha. I actually ate 2 hotdogs as we took our rest there. Or was it three? haha.

Tuesday was O-Hanami with my teammates in my current project. We had our mat laid under the shade of the sakura trees which had a very nice view of the Yokohama Bay. Spectacular, it was.

Lunchbreaks this week was also mini-sakura sightseeing as Kitty and I walk around Sakura-dori after eating our lunch outdoors.

And by the by, the street just right before rounding the corner to my apartment is a sight to behold nowadays.



And so I say, who wouldn't ever fall with these??

No comments:

Post a Comment