Thursday 16 April 2009

Shikuwasa

There are two of us lady engineers in our team. The original lady engineer in our team actually already resigned to be with her husband in US. Then she got replaced by another lady. I'm not really sure why it has to be another lady. Or maybe not. Maybe it just happened to be so that the available one is a lady engineer. But nevertheless, Kayo-chan is real nice and pretty and fun to be with.

During our team's milestone party, Kayo-chan suggested the location for our 1st party and she took us to an Okinawan restaurant. And yeah, she originally came from Okinawa. She suggested cocktails for me and as alcoholic as I am, I liked what she ordered for me - it's sweet yet gives you the kick you just need at parties. It was made of shikuwasa, a citrus fruit which tastes like (and I have a feeling looks like a small) dalandan.

Yesterday, we got to talk on the ladies' toilet and she told me that her mother sent her a liqueur made of shikuwasa. As her mother sent her four , she's sharing one bottle with me. Really nice and thoughtful. It made me thoughtful though that I really am already tagged in our team as a hard drinker. haha

Haha, love the girly packaging print. Loved the girl's shoes as well (I currently have two pairs of shoes with the same style and I still can't get enough of them).

I was planning to toast this with Kitty tomorrow. But felt like drinking a shot now, so there. And it's nice!. The 12% alcohol instantly had an effect on me though. So I better sleep now if I want to be at 9 in the office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment