Wednesday 15 April 2009

Beck Breakfast

Woke up with the sun this morning. Yes, even before my alarm clock went off. It could be that something woke me up; that some part of my dream woke me up with a start; and that since I was in that phase of my sleep when I am nearly awake which is the optimum time to wake up (as the Sleeptracker ad says), I was indeed fully awake.

After a few stretches, I took a leisurely shower, took my time in dressing up and was already out my door by 7:05.

Usually, when I walk to the office, I have my IPOD on. But this time, I listened to the birds' chirping. The rain last night quenched the tired-looking streets and hence everything looked so fresh - from the wet pavement to newly grown leaves to the heartbreakingly blue sky.

I went out my door early with only one intent in mind - to have that Set B breakfast at Beck's Coffee shop again. =D. The nearest one is in Kannai. In front of JR station. Haha! This is so waaay out of my way but I still decided to go as it's not often that I am this alert in the morning. It's almost like I'm excited to get the day started. Even if I had already submitted my last major work to my boss yesterday and hence means I might spend the day pretending that I'm doing something.

I don't know how they still manage to earn from it but Beck;s Set B breakfast meal really is as balanced as it claims; and mighty cheap at that! With 500 yen, you already have a couple slices of bread toasted in delicious butter, scrambled egg, bacon, a glass of that Jap veggie drink (which consists mainly of carrots, orange, tomato, apple and some other 40 leafy/non-leafy vegetables and fruits) which I've taken a liking to during this stint, and another cup/glass of drink of your own choice. I had cafe latte of course (had to take some time off royal milk tea). And oh yeah, you also have a big helping of yogurt topped with dried fruits - which honestly is my favorite in the set; to think that I basically don't like yogurts...those dried fruits..ahhh yum!

So really how much do they actually earn with this set? Or probably the Japanese government is sponsoring these breakfast sets as a sort of incentive for waking up early. Yeah, I know. That is absurd. But still!

I initially planned to read/write while devouring my breakfast but thought otherwise. Nanamnamin ko muna breakfast ko.

Ahhh. Lovely.

8:10 na! Time to go to office!

No comments:

Post a Comment