Thursday 5 March 2009

unbirthday

I read a couple of (separate) blogs last week referring to the word unbirthday. And from what I inferred, it's a feeling you have when you feel like there's nothing to celebrate and you feel like you're not in your element.

And between the clashing of wills with a colleague at the office and some personal issues to contend with, I just feel like that since the start of the week - so unbirthday.

This evening though, I checked what the word really means and Wikipedia says "An unbirthday (originally written un-birthday) is an event that can be celebrated on any day that is not the person's birthday. It is a neologism coined in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, giving rise to the song "A Very Merry Unbirthday to You" in the 1951 Disney animated feature film Alice in Wonderland."

And funny how today, it was applicable to me as well haha.

Bevs mistook my birthday for today and hence, early morning, she sent a reeeally cute email greetings on the email with the whole Process Department on carbon-copy. And the greetings just kept on pouring thereon..even from those who knew my birthday. haha.

The mistake was a blessing in disguise actually. It perked me up...tons. =D

So there, it was a very merry unbirthday for me today. haha.

Anyways, A Very Merry Unbirthday to You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment