Sunday 8 March 2009

last year in the twenties

This birthday was really weird in that I have no pictures of where we ate at as well as the people I hang out with. So i'll try to document what happened in the most concise way I can. =)

March 6 dawned gray and dreary, with the kind of rain that would make you want to stay in your bed. But still, I walked with a light step, greeted the rain with a smile and a mantra - i'll take this rain as a blessing...

To be honest, it actually took some effort not to be sad, at the start. From the start of the week, i've been feeling hermetical and socializing took some amount of energy. For a couple of hours last wednesday, i perkep up a bit with the karaoke with people from the office. Bevs' blooper was such a blessing really that it pulled me out from feeling anti-social.

When my day came though, there was a big part of me that wanted to stay at home. But then again, I bounced off my bed and told myself that there's only one day in the year which i can consider as MY day thus I should not ruin it by feeling dejected and lonely.

Generally, it was a good day. Though the stress at work was still manageable, bothersome people-who-think-my world-revolves-around-them made it more stressful. But then again, getting stressed by them just proves them they're right hence, I didn't pay them any more attention than what was necessary. After all, I have a life to live. This makes me think though that I wish I could someday say this to their face - "get a life! and stop bugging me."

Had the traditional lunch at Hardrock as well with some friends and collegueas in Process and Piping which was arranged by Gali (so nice of him). Along with the renovation, HR have also changed their cake and memorabilias; one of which was a VERY big keychain with your picture on it. haha.

Was really thankful for Kitty's sweet deed - delivering flowers to my desk. =)
Hehe, you may find me weird but that has been one of my secret wishes. hahaha. Anyways, with that, people knew it was my birthday, greeted me and gave me sweets that by late afternoon, i already had a toothache from all the sweets I had. Sano and Tae-chan gave me a cake as well. So thoughtful! I laughed when Kitty told me that Sano was so bold as to talk to Kat to confirm it was my birthday even when they don't know each other.

To top the special day, Kat and I had a special dinner at a (surprisingly) fine dining resto in Yokohama. Good food, good food. Afterwhich, we headed off to my place, for oden, cheese snacks and liters of Plum Wine to set the mood of our chikahan.

So really, it was a good birthday. Really thankful for Kitty for helping me keep myself from feeling dejected on my birthday =D.

The following day, (7), was a fun day of girl talk and food binge.

Maj, Zoey, Kitty and I were supposed to meet at 1145 in Hiroo Station for a birthday lunch at Cicada (Zoey's a birthday-mate). But I woke up late and got lost in Shibuya (although I've been there nearly every week already) that I only arrived at Cicada at 1am, harassed and very hungry.

Cicada was yummy as always and still the favorite. *_* The couch at Starbucks was also very relaxing that we hanged out there for hours and hours. Afterwhich, we explored Ebisu and then the Ebisu Garden Place where Domyugi waited for Makino in the drama Hana Yori Dango. Had dinner there as well but the food in the resto we chose was so lousy I lost my appetite - even up to now. haha. Which is a good thing na din as I am on a diet. hehehehe..



No comments:

Post a Comment