Saturday 14 March 2009

issues

A few pages into "Eat, Pray, Love" and i'm hooked. (thanks for this Kitty). It's so timely to be reading this. As I am on a search, myself.

As I walked my way home in the rain earlier, with a cup of Tully's Cafe Mocha (supposedly their couples special for Valentine's-White Day), I thought of things of old, things of new, things of yet to come. It was already 8:30pm but I still can't decide whether I'll eat, much less where to eat. I thought of not eating but my stomach seems to have a different opinion. Hence when the train got to Bandobashi, I just decided to buy Oden (quick bites dipped for some time already in some special steaming stew available in any konbini).

But I met some friends and colleagues on the station who was heading to the same apartment as I am and we chatted animatedly on our way home about the status of projects in our company that I totally forgot to drop by at the konbini. When we started to part ways, it was then that I remembered that i'm going home to my pad without food in tow. No dinner yet at 930pm. They were so gracious to invite me to join them though. And surprisingly, despite the current mood I was in, still, I had a great time. And had a (at least) brief respite from troubling thoughts that I've been having.

The whole day, despite the numbing pain in my abdomen, I have to have a clear mind to address issues at work. Half of me wants to complain about work but half of me chastices the other half for wanting to complain. Haha, a split personality indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment