Tuesday 29 April 2008

So Close - Analyzed

I was lying in bed facedown as I listened to So Close play in my laptop for the umpteenth time. And I wonder how it could be that when I first heard it, I almost brushed it off and now when after seeing the movie, I just couldn't get enough of it.

I could only think of this. That anybody, who has stood so close with the one they love (or falling in love with) and yet be so far in getting their love realized (let alone letting that other know about how you feel!) could really feel for the song.

Just as how Giselle felt as she watched Robert dance with Nancy when only moments ago, it was she who was in his arms.

So Close, yet so far.

Albeit though, what's so addicting with this song is that despite this bittersweet feeling, there's still that budding hope that you'll be so close to reaching that happy end, to realizing that dream, to having his arms around you.

That you'll go so far as you get so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment