Wednesday 30 April 2008

Grey's Anatomy, Season 1, episode 6

After much salestalk from Kitty and Zoey, I finally tried watching Grey's Anatomy.

And I got hooked! Fortunately, I was able to muster enough self-discipline and make use of today's holiday to force myself to clean up my house (finally!), cook myself lunch and dinner and do some work for the Optimizer in between episodes. Anyways, this episode is probably one of my favorites so far. (i'm still into the 1st episode of season 2)

And Meredith says....

"I don’t know why we have to put things off. But if I had to guess, I think it has a lot to do with fear – fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection. Sometimes, the fear of just making a decision. Because what if you’re wrong? What if you’re making a mistake you cant undo? Whatever it is we’re afraid of, one thing holds true – that by the time the pain of not doing a thing gets worse than the fear of doing it, it could feel like we’re carrying around a giant tumor. He who hesitates is lost.

We sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can't anymore; until we finally understand for ourselves, that knowing is better than wondering. That waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst, most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying."

No comments:

Post a Comment