Saturday 7 April 2007

Indulge

MMmmmm..A nice, productive and peaceful day it was.



I first headed off to Zoff's at More's to buy a new pair of eyeglasses. The one i bought just before going to Japan was too narrow for comfort; straining my eyes more rather than protecting my eyesight. So now I got me-self a new wide-view glasses that's just perfect for my quite-larger-than-usual eyes, hehehe..Good thing a jap colleague knows this affordable optical shop so it's still within my budget limits. Was glad too for the kinda-different experience to have my eyes tested here in Japan.



As it would only take about an hour to wait for my glasses, I walked around Yokohama while I waited. I got my second "first-time" for the day in Takashimaya as the Clinique lady made me up. At first I held my breath as she applied rouge on my lips till (I believe) I almost turned blue...hahaha..Man, getting made up by a flawless lady makes one really self-conscious...hehehe..Anyways, thanks Vanz, Sugar Bean was really pretty! Got myself one already..=)



I then headed off to Negishi-Shinrin Park for a late lunch under the sakura. So there I was, with a bento box on my knees and snuggled on my pretty-100 yen-Tinker bell picnic mat, sprawled on the ground that was lightly matted with fallen sakura in the midst of the sakura trees. I passed the next couple of hours reading with my back against the sakura tree. It was lovely to see the cherry blossoms as they fell and blown away by the wind; 'twas like seeing pink snowflakes. Lovely.



I was actually hesitant to go and spend the afternoon alone in Negishi knowing that there'd be lots of people around; laughing with their own groups. I was a bit afraid that i'd feel lonely and instead of passing a peaceful afternoon, I'd pass the rest of the day depressed. But my worries were unfounded as I later realized. On my little nook at the brow of the hill, I gazed about me as the sakura fell. And despite all the troubles that kept on bugging me lately, I was at peace, so at ease and very much contented. A thought crossed my mind. If parallelism could have it's way, then maybe, I shouldn't be too afraid of spending the rest of my life alone. Maybe, just maybe, the one thing im so afraid of would turn out to be peaceful and heavenly after all......


...my little peace of heaven today...

No comments:

Post a Comment