Friday 13 April 2007

Another first!

Had another first in Japan today! Had my tooth extracted just this evening.

I actually planned to have this 3rd molar for root canal last Wednesday but the dentist didn't recommend it as he said my 3rd molar was needless as I have no lower 3rd molar and hence I have no use for it in chewing food. Poor 3rd molar, no partner for life.....hehe..
He also recommended that it be done away with as it would only cause problems for my other teeth in the future. But as I wouldn't want to decide right there and then to have my tooth extracted, I asked for another appointment. After all, you couldnt bring back your tooth once it's extracted. Another appointment though means another expenses..Oh well.

My dentist was really quite nice actually. My heart aches for him as he really have difficulty with English; he talks to me in haltering, clipped and robotlike phrases. Sometimes he has to puff up his chest just to aid him in expressing what he wants to tell me. But kudos to him though!.He-was-really-very-patient with me. See, I have a quite low threshold for pain so I find myself raising my left hand every now and then to tell him that the operation's getting too painful for me to bear. He has to give me anesthesia twice as the first one wasn't quite effective for me. And much as I tried to control it, my tears continued to stream down my temples the whole duration of the extraction. The whole operation though just took 45 min but I feel like it was too long for comfort for me. We have to take a break every one or two pulls to regain my composure and to wipe away my tears (blush). I was soo weak-kneed after the operation and I was shaking all over - most probably from the fear..hehe. Being a true Japanese, my dentist took the trouble though to visit me (just before seeing his next patient) in the reception area, as I waited for my medicine to take home with me, to tell me to take care in going home as he can see that I was shaking.

He must have thought me weird though when I asked for my tooth to take home with me. Just an hour ago, I took a picture of it to show Mama during our chat and alas, it was the last picture that my 3-year-old camera made. For some reason, my camera just broke down...wahhhh!!..=(

Hmmmm...could it be my loose tooth's bad luck? Gotta get rid of it soon.

And yeah!! Martian just came back from Thailand and gave me a nice nice guy Thai doll!! the second male doll in my collection it is. The first was the cowboy Paige gave me last Christmas. Now, suddenly I missed those two cowboy dolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment