Monday 30 October 2006

Wallflowers and Divas

I was walking along Chijmes to Mass when i noticed a bicyclist going to the opposite direction. He was waving prettily his fingers at me to get my attention and i was surprised to see a frail-yet-neat-looking, white haired grandpa riding his bicycle. My eyes bulged with surprise though when he suddenly pursed his lips in such a way that he was like giving me a smooch from a distance and I could just stare at him until he was already beyond me. Far from being disgusted with the act, I laughed hard at the innocence with which he did the act that you couldnt help but be endeared with the lolo. I felt like a 5-yr-old did that flying smooch to me; yes, it was THAT innocent. haha!

Head bent, i walked on, smiling to myself and laughing inside my head. Something made my head jerk up and hence i saw two papable Westerners looking at me from a coffee shop. Immediately, i wiped away my grin. They must have thought me half crazy; grinning that way all by myself.

Farther on, I met another Westerner looking at me. Goodlooking yet too stocky-built for my taste (hehe). With a smile, he said a bright "hello!" and it was all I could do to force a weak smile in response.

That last one made me slow my pace a bit. There MUST be some soot on my face for them to look at me; for a wallflower cant be as attactive as a tulip. Yes, there must be some soot.

Anyways, after mass, Vanz and I had a 5-hour play at being divas and sang ourselves hoarse. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment