Monday 23 August 2010

severe repercussions

I had a number of errands to attend to late this afternoon (I already have my international driving license yey!) hence it was only after talking with Cashiew that I learned about the grim news of an ex-police officer who took the passengers of a tourist bus on hostage.

I believe Mendoza has his issues and his problems. But his problems had clouded his better judgment hence he acted dumbly, clearly not thinking of the severe repercussions his action will do to the Philippines and his countrymen.

Right now, all key words relating to the incident are trending in Twitter. I have read about a lot of people from other countries blaming and damning Filipinos and our country; collectively judging us because of the dimwitted action of one man. Right now, Hongkong Security Bureau has issued an "Avoid All Travel" to Philippines because of "severe threat".
http://www.sb.gov.hk/eng/ota/index.htm

I bleed for my country. I bleed on how we are wrongly judged now. I bleed for those who died on this incident. I bleed on how this will lower down our tourism business and possible investments hence worsening our current economic plight. Yet most of all, although this may sound a bit selfish, I bleed and worry on how this incident might affect my dream wedding - a wedding where my loved ones and the family of my fiance would gather to witness the union between me and my betrothed. I fear that this may not come to pass anymore because of fears in security of our family...

No comments:

Post a Comment