Thursday 11 February 2010

you'll be blessed

My friend is now currently assigned overseas at site office hence he wouldn't be with his ladylove this Valentine's. Thoughtful as he is, he thought of ideas on how to surprise her on lovers' day which of course included asking favors from friends. I was tasked to buy flowers and chocolates.

The flowers were easy as they can be delivered to the office tomorrow by Designer's Bloom. the chocolates were a problem. I need to wrap them. Gift-wrapping section (with pay) in SM is already closed for the day and the only other open service is exclusive for those "Premium" card holders only. I didn't bother to apply for a shopper's card so I don't have that. Hence I can't avail their free gift-wrapping service. My dilemma is that I really suck with gift-wrapping. I can sing, I can dance, I can even do voice-over acting. And I'll write. But anything related to handicrafts, anything related to arts crafted by my hand is a total disaster - even as simple as gift-wrapping. So giving my friend's ladylove a chocolate giftwrapped by me was worrisome.

My dilemma must have been written all over my face that the clerk in the gift-wrapping section offered to wrap my gift for me, for free, using their resources (he even asked me to choose what wrapper would I like! and of course it wasn't illegal since I also bought the chocolates on the same store) and even wrapping it with such careful and artful detail that I can't help but deeply thank him and give him a really big smile while saying an incredibly genuine "you'll be blessed!".

I wanted to give him a tip but he wouldn't accept as (he said) they are forbidden to receive tips from shoppers and customers. Now THAT's great customer service. Bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment