Saturday 20 February 2010

dessert!

I just had a session with my dentist for my monthly orthodontics check-up hence I was in the lookout for soft food -- my newly adjusted braces is just killing me and my teeth from the pain.

Hence, I opted for Pizza Hut for their Lasagna. It was good, although I still think Greenwich' lasagna tastes waaaaay better.

But what made me happy with my lunch at Pizza Hut was my Mango Panna Cotta.

Panna Cotta is basically an Italian dessert which literally means "cooked cream". It is made by cooking slowly together milk, cream, sugar and gelatin just below boiling point.

Pizza Hut's Panna Cotta is set amidst rich mango puree with sweet real mango slices and a cherry on top. Although I would have preferred the "cooked cream" to be aesthetically more velvety smooth as you cut a slice into it, the taste was just velvety smooth though. The mango flavor blended right with the panna cotta flavor that it was just a riot of pleasant flavors in my palate.

Yum indeed!

(this post is also posted in my goodfoodhunt.wordpress.com foodblog site)

No comments:

Post a Comment