Thursday 1 January 2009

greeting the new year with a smile

Well I did greet this new year with a smile.

First off, we had fun popping off our party poppers (the closest thing to "fireworks" that we could get our hands on around here) after our countdown; thence raining confetti to each other. After Joey led the prayer, we then had a toast with our sparkling Apple Cider (it was soo yum!!). I had a big laugh as people really did raise their glasses to Gali's "To Ate Marj's lovelife!" hahahaha. But of course after that, we toasted to happiness, more bonuses, more shopping and travel! =)

After the media noche, people just settled down to watch movies. "Surf's Up" was real funny but I just wasn't in the mood to watch "PS I Love You" so I curled in bed beside Glo and Joey as the rest watched on. I wasn't able to sleep though as I had a nasty stomachache and was still wide awake even after the movie was finished and everybody else was already asleep. I stared at how the dim light from the bulb cast a dramatic effect to the colorful confetti left hanging on the beam. That, coupled with the soft, "mushy" music that Gali has left playing in his MacBook, it somehow made me anticipate of romantic moments yet to come...

What made me smile even wider though is caused by the apparent symphony of ...(tsada!)...snores within the room. Haha. Each one seem to make a different kind of sound and at different interval from the other that it seems like each snore has it's own personality. haha! I wonder how mine would sound..=P

I dont blame the "symphony" though for not being able to sleep as I've been in a room with people who snore real loud but still, I slept like a babe. As my stomachache abated, I reflected on the last year and looked forward to this year. And though a tear finds its way to my cheek every now and then as I had a runny nose cause it was just sooo very cold (I couldn't sniff as people might misunderstand and think I was crying! no siree! hehe), most of the time, I found myself smiling....

Was finally able to sleep at 5:30am (I started to try to sleep since 2:30am! haha) but had to wake up at 8 as most of us were getting ready to leave already. Caught an hour's nap at my place later on before showering and heading off for an afternoon of shopping and foraging of perfect cardigan/shawl and shoes to match the evening dresses I bought at Zara. And wouldn't have expected it but I was successful and finally found the right fits after weeks of searching..=P..Bought other stuff besides...

And what else to highlight a productive day but have a luxurious dinner at one of your favorite diner? Had a long dinner at Royal Host. Albeit alone, still, I had a great time enjoying the food, several cupfuls of matcha and plum tea whilst reading "The Wedding".

A productive day; one that's hopefully a harbinger to a productive year ahead.

Happy New 2009 everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment