Monday 29 December 2008

The Wedding

Haha, I now feel like my eyes' all puffy, with tears just on the brim...blame it on Nicholas Sparks' "The Wedding", haha.

It's the holidays, and what with all the parties being over and done with (there's only the big New Year party left), I've nothing to do but read, watch movies/dramas and sleep as late as I want as my friends whom I always hang around with are on homeleaves right now.

My day started at 2pm (the previous day ended at 5 am this morning though..haha), ate my sausage lunch whilst watching "Goong". I finally forced myself to take a bath so I could go out, catch the beautiful sunset (believe me, sunsets on a clear spring/autumn/winter here in Japan is truly breathtaking!), take my coats to the dry cleaners, take a stroll, look for sparklers/party poppers for our New Year party, and enjoy a cup of coffee after withdrawing some money from the ATM.

Wanting to have some privacy and to limit chancing upon somebody I know in Starbucks Kannai and to try out a new coffee flavor, I chose to stay at BadAss Coffee Shop. It turned out a good decision as the Hawaiian songs and later some Jack Johnson songs was relaxing and sooo sets the mood...to emote..hehe. The Kona cafe au lait laced with banana was somewhat weird; but it was sweet and it somehow fitted in with the mood.

Though I know, ideal guys could only be found on a Nicholas Sparks novel, still, I can't help but be melodramatic and be a hopeless romantic as I read the book. I started reading the book since the other night, but I just could not read it straight, as I find my eyes welling with tears every now and then. haha. There was this one part of the book where Wilson was recounting when he first realized he was falling in love with his girlfriend (who was to become his wife). Having read the last sentence of that chapter - "I knew what it meant to finally fall in love" - I have to stop reading and look up so as to keep the page from getting wet with a fallen tear. I had to look up to keep those darn tears at bay.

Having had finished my coffee (Can't afford to be sentimental in the coffee shop haha!), I left the coffee house and hopped my way home.

Maybe, my ideal man is still out there and that he just doesn't exist within the pages of a novel. Extra wait, Extraordinary, as a reading in Didache once said...

No comments:

Post a Comment