Saturday 3 January 2009

Twilights

Though I was already hooked with Book 1 of the Twilight Series, the golden glow of the sun streaming through the heavy curtains into my room was by far a stronger force; hence making me scramble for a quick shower and out my front door in 30 minutes' time just so I could catch the sunset before buying more food supplies to get me through my hibernation. (^_^)

I was feeling naughty again and walked out my door just as how Jeniffer Aniston sometimes appear in Friends..hehe..I had a jacket on anyway so it wouldn't be noticed. hehe.

Anyways, it felt good briskwalking around the neighborhood. The cold was just about right and I could feel myself warming up with the walk. In no time at all, I was in Maita Park, running towards the swings. Softly swinging to and fro, I read on with The Wedding...

One thing I realized though...When the holidays started, I immersed myself on love stories, be it book or movies. I felt that I need to do it...to keep myself believing that true love can still happen; that it does exist...to keep myself from getting deluded, hardened, unbelieving in love. And it was effective, for a certain time at least.

After the rush of the New Year (from the party, shopping and all) and when I resumed with the movies I was watching and book I was reading, somehow its effect waned. Where before just days ago, I would be instantaneously touched and get teary eyed, I realized I have no warm feelings for romantic settings anymore... As I read on how Wilson described the surprise he prepared for his wife on their anniversary, I could only think of how big a fire hazard all those candles can be..and to think that he left all those candles burning without somebody inside the house!!

So there. I wonder where the romantic side of me went to as the new year came up.

I read on till I realized that I was already reading by the light of the streetlamp nearby. I then closed the book, played with the swing and basked in the twilight whilst staring at the blue gray sky. It was lovely! So lovely I had to force myself away from the swing since it was already getting very cold and my hands were getting chilled already - reminding me to wear gloves the next time I'd do this.

I briskedwalk to the market, confident that the fish stall I eyed earlier which sold shrimps (of just the right size for deep frying) was still open since it was just a quarter after five. But apparently since it was the holidays, they closed at 5. I settled myself on salmon anyhow and decided to buy tomorrow and since i'm going out my house tomorrow - again to enjoy the beautiful sunset.

I'm looking forward now to an evening reading Twilight, Book 1! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment