Friday 25 November 2005

Cards Galore

Singapore seems to be obsessed with the ID system.

To date, I am now in possession of quite a number of cards, some of which i havent used yet.

First is the S Pass which is my employment pass here. When I applied for this card, I brought with me a very nice passport size picture which the inspector rejected as (she said) the lighting weren't symmetrical and it was glossy finish. They took my picture (for an expensive fee of $6) there in the ministry and so now i have an S pass with a pic where i looked very much like a witch..>_<
You use this card in about every application you need like when you buy sim card or when you buy tickets to a play and other stuff.

Then there is our company ID which we use to check in and out of office and to go to the toilet. Quite a hassle really as you need it just to go to the CR. So then, you better not leave it at the house else you have to ask somebody to let you out and in when you go to the toilet.

Then there's the Jurong Pass which I need for me to be able to enter Jurong Island where all of Singapore's refineries and chemical plants are located. They also took my picture there in the office and the camerawoman was perhaps very amazed at my exotic face as she took a close up picture of me. So now i have this ID where the picture can barely contain/fit my face. >_<

Then there's the OPSOC that's proof that we underwent a safety orientation seminar. We need this ID they say so as we can enter any refinery/chemical plant. There, i like my picture as i got to hand to them a pic that i brought with me from the Philippines..hehe

And there's my library card which i use to electronically borrow books.

And the Regent Grove card pass which we use to enter the condominium compound where we live. There's another separate resident card also which we need to present everytime we use the facilities other than the pool i.e. the jacuzzi, tennis court, the gym and sauna. My photo on this one's not so nice again eventhough i had it taken in the Philippines.

Then, we have the EZ lik card which we use to ride the MRT and some buses and just top it up every now and then when the load's dwindled down already. This card's so cool as you can use it (of course when it's only loaded) to pay for your groceries in FAir Price and when you eat in Mc Do.

That's about it, i think..Or still counting?hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment