Monday 26 July 2010

driving lessons day 1

I know I'm a bit old for this. But ey, each in his own time, right?

I was late on day 1 actually. I woke up with very bad colds and I was debating whether I should go or not. But cancelling the lessons on the actual day itself is not excusable; it's already considered as rendered service by the instructor hence I had no choice but to go still despite my bad condition.

And am glad I did! Well actually, I was surprised when my instructor just pulled at the side of the road and said we exchange seats - that I take the driver seat now. And I was like, what? here? now? I thought we will have our first lessons on a big parking lot. But no, it was on METROCOR; albeit an area with very low traffic but still HAS some traffic. The moment he told me to turn on the ignition, my foot was full on the break pedal (haha!) making it sure that the car won't go any further.

I got some high later on though when I finally got the courage to put on gas. I put on gas so much so that my instructor told me to put on some brakes else we'll speed up (to heaven..haha!) It was exhilirating! Reminds me of skiing. There were tight situations though where my heart stopped - situations where there were cars both on my left and right. But other than that, it was swell.

I thought as well that parking, both on the front and on reverse, would be very difficult. But, judging from my instructor's reaction, I think I aced it. hehe!

Looking forward to the next session and mastering driving some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment