Sunday 2 August 2009

The Time Traveller's Wife

I cried buckets on this book. I actually thought the book couldn't summon the emotional side of me since I read it in installment. Started reading it on my last month in Japan. However, what with the packing,I needed to put it aside. Then I resumed reading it when I got to my old apartment in Manila. However, what with the "robbery" excitement, my moving out and my getting sick, I have to set it aside again. Plus, I left it on my old apartment when I moved out hence I was forced to read other books (read "Eleven Minutes" which I've blogged earlier on and "A Hundred Year of Solitude" which I'm still deciphering why it was such a celebrated book).

Anyways, at first, the story-telling, the comings and goings of Henry were pretty ordinary and I found myself not involved with the book. Probably because I was preoccupied with other stuff as well. But as I read the other half, I couldn't help but be moved by their love story. And with how much Henry loved Clare. Leading you to think how many in this world and in this lifetime will you meet who loves the way Henry did Clare (and well, okay, vice versa).

Am looking forward to the movie which will premier come 3rd week of August - which means I may get to watch it in Davao since I will still be on my vacation then. I hope the movie won't be butchered like Harry Potter 6, though.

Thanks Zoey for giving me this book! =)
And such a good copy at that hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Youre welcome!

    See, I told you it is such a GREAT book, it's a pill/bandage for the romantic heart..

    Now, the only thing left, is to find our Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, definitely Zoey, we need to find now our own Henrys ^___^

    ReplyDelete