Saturday 29 August 2009

Moments

"Up a flight of almost 300 steps. Church bells tolling nearby. Flowers a-bloom on the sides, some even seemed like they're reaching out to you, as if willing you to touch them. Butterflies flitting about. Birds chirping up on the trees' branches. And the lush green of the early summer leaves forming a canopy above you. All peaceful, so peaceful it was bordering on being surreal. And you seize it. Bask on the moment. Drink it like it's some elixir, healing you of whatever is troubling you, of whatever is ailing you. Drink it till you're satiated. Drink till you know you've drank enough to bring with you to wherever you need to go to."

Wrote this on my last weekend in Japan, when my heart feels constricted with how much i'll be missing the place and things/people I love. These were my thoughts as I was scaling the stairs leading to Yamate Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment