Sunday 14 May 2006

Getting On...

Still groping for my long-lost appetite, I forced myself to eat lunch. Ordered chef's tuna at Coffee Bean, which was malansa by the way, and enjoyed a white-chocolate latte (which made me felt like gagging) for almost two hours while reading my latest craze - A Wheel of Time book.

Thinking that I may be a bit overstaying already, I headed out to the mall's library and started going about with my mission. I planned to go library hopping and search for WoT's Book 3 as im halfway finished with Book 2 already. While riding to and fro in the train, I was so glued to the book that more than once, I found myself gasping when I realize i've already arrived on the station i've been meaning to go or when I realize, I was already two stations away from my intended stop. Haha, talk about presence of mind. ;)

And Oooohhhh, I just loooove the libraries here in Singapore. In almost every station here, a library can be easily seen; with community libraries situated right within malls or the regional libraries set apart in another building, often than not, several storeys high. Oh, think about the books those buildings hold...Looking at the collection, I always think of these libraries as a cornucopia. Some library buildings are so sossy, they have fountains inside, a Cafe (most often than not, Cafe Galilee) and a music lounge where you can get to privately enjoy a selection of music through a panel of buttons right beside your oh-so-comfy chair while enjoying a good book.

On my second library stop, which was a regional one, there was an exhibit on the ground floor. There, I oohhhed and ahhhed with the little kids guided by their parents; I care not if i'm a bit too old for the crowd..hehe.. There was this "Seeing Colors" panel where three discs were mounted on the wall. On the discs were just patterns of black and white but then when you get the discs to rotating by pushing the start button, you get see red, brown, green and blue on the discs. I giggled as I identified the colors on the discs...Hehe, yeah, so easy to please, am I? But then again, it's rare to have the Little Marj with me again.. My favorite though was the "Frozen shadow" exhibit wherein you put your hand on a phosphorescent surface inside a triangular niche. Facing you, is a digital counter and at the count of 5, a camera-like flash goes and lifting your hand, you can see an imprint of your hand on the phosphorescent surface that looks like your shadow. Weee!! I got so ecstatic with it, I tried it several times; never minding the little ones trying to peep around me and waiting for their turn..hehehe..

So, from one library to another I hopped on...but..sniff..I couldnt find my Book 3 as it was out...Well, I can actually see from the On-line catalogue if my book was out on loan , but I just kind of liked the idea of library-hopping.hehehe..

Not intending to go home empty-handed, I bought instead two of my favorite stuffs before I hopped myself back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment