Saturday 23 July 2005

Pins, Pick-ups and Flies

Friday night was an unusually long night for me...

Office once again got to my nerves and it was taking all my will power not hit sink bottom again. Towards the afternoon, I kept glancing out the window and somehow, the determination of the sun to penetrate those ominous clouds gave me the inspiration to not give in to the gnawing claws of dejection.

My officemate and I went out to buy our sending off gift to Paige who'll be going to the States in the next couple of weeks. We then went to a KTV within the mall and reserved a room for our farewell party next week. After parting ways with my officemate, I once again felt the coldness around me..sucking out all the happiness i've been holding on to for the past couple of days. Much like what Harry Potter must have felt when dementors were around him. As usual when I get this kind of feeling, I grabbed an ice cream and reveled on something much colder than what I feel...

Around 10, i met Malou and Michelle and we headed off to a comedy bar... just what i need to help me unwind.
I really am amazed that in the truest sense of the word, gays are really gay and fun to be around...Just looking at them perform, sing and crack jokes (though you should be open minded to get a hang on their jokes) makes one think that being gay as they are, still, they have carried out their karma to the fullest. Good for them, as they're assured they wouldnt turn into stones in their next life..hmmm..i wonder if they've reached nirvana yet.....=)

Anyways, at that time, I was thinking if it was my karma to go out and sing on the stage. My two companions were trying their bestest (^_^) to convince me to sing on stage but I was so, so afraid to have the gays make fun of me and make a laughingstock out of me and ask me one fatal question: "girl, do you have a boyfriend?"...aaarrgghh..One fatal question would lead to another, i'm sure of it...

The challenge to perform and conquer my fears got the better of me however and I agreed to sing "So Slow" (again) and "Love Moves in Mysterious Ways".

Waiting for my turn took forever however...Finally, Michelle expedited the waiter and after some confirmations, we were told that I was next in line. I was really nervous (wonder how fear of gays is called?-gaynophobia??^_^) I had to go to the CR to pee.

Michelle really acted like a stage sister so much, I was starting to think she's more nervous than I was... Anyways, I wasnt called in the next number however and so, we waited for yet another number, my nervousness mounting all the while. However, this did not hinder me from noticing how the guys from the other table were looking at michelle. Being on the lookout for attractive personalities myself, their moves were all too familiar to me--like, discreetly looking at his back (it wasnt discreet to me really) or turning around and signaling for the waiter when there was no waiter at the back at all...=)

I told Michelle how the guys at the other table were trying to communicate to each other there was a looker at our table but michelle wouldnt hear of it. I decided to stall for time however and see what would their next move be.

Just then, Phillip (a famous gay TV personality) called my name and instantly, I heard drum rolls in my ears. Though it was getting louder as I walked to the stage, I felt like it was also eerily silent at the same time...like, a pin could drop to the ground and still you could hear a loud thud as it hit the floor...

Try as I might to just enjoy the song and forget how nervous i am, still, it was a big effort for me to hide the shaking I felt inside. This did not stop me however, to notice how a real cutie guy in front kept banging his head to the beat of my song and how he kept clapping his hand..=)

I glanced on the direction of my friends and the sight of the guy-on-the-next-table talking to michelle somehow zapped my nervousness and I suddenly found myself smiling on stage. The applause I got after my number was really heart-warming but i was suddenly oblivious to it as I was excited to hear Michelle's story. It turned out that the guy-on-the-next-table asked michelle if she (and her companions ) would like some more drinks. Michelle declined however, and told the guy we were just about to go and were just waiting for me to finish with my performance. Poor guy..if I was there, I wouldnt have delined the offer (though i was not the one being offerred) and would have ordered marguerita for the three of us (it's free so why sulk?hehe). Anyways, thinking about it now, michelle's decision may have been right as we couldnt have handled the guys later on (they look too big for me and thinking of the consequences makes the experience somewhat scary..^_^). Certified manangs, we are...hehe..

Right after my "performance" (as it was very late, or shall we say early in the morning already), we got out and headed to Malou's car. Malou was then frantically searching for her car keys but couldnt find it in her bag nor in her pockets. Michelle cracked a joke that the keys must have been left inside the car...

Horrified, it dawned on us that the key WAS really left inside the car...

Some guys noticed our dilemma and they told us the car door lock has to be forced. Funny how they were so defensive when they told us they were just there to help us and that they were really not experts on forcing car door locks. They tried to force the lock using a wire but after about 30 mins, their attempts were futile however. They called on another guy, a taxi driver, and the guy was profusely cursing them as he was saying he was a taxi driver and not a professional carnapper. Nevertheless, it turned out he was good at picking locks as he was able to open the car door in no time at all, with just a fork in hand...

Malou saw Michelle and me home and the excitement of the night was slowly taking a toll on us. We chatted for some time in the sala and I got up to take a look at myself in the full length mirror. Just as we thought we had enough excitement for the night, I found out that my fly was open!!!It was open from the time I went to the CR in the bar, up to the time I went up the stage and until we went home. Good thing my polo was long and my open fly wasnt obvious. Or was it??

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment