Monday 21 September 2009

Bikram Yoga

Finally, I got to experience Bikram yoga today. Bikram yoga is actually a form of Hatha yoga, only, the stretches are done under a heated room where temperature is controlled at 38degC!

Now, I never am one for saunas. I couldn't really stay longer than 5 minutes in a sauna heated at 47degC, even if i'm just sitting there, trying to breath. Hence, the heat was my main problem. For the first 30min, I almost fainted five times! Almost, being, that state when there's a black cloud creeping its way in front of you. So, whenever that happens, and as advised by our instructor Tristan, I just drop whatever pose I'm in and just stand still or sit down and keep on breathing. The first time it happened, I thought I'd just remain seated for the rest of the 1 and half hour session. But seeing my 30+ classmates (yes, this by far is the largest class I've been in) magnificently stretching their muscles, I got up and worked out.

I was able to adjust with the heat later on though and when I did, it was just great! I think I must have sweated out a liter or more! Also (giggle), when I saw THIS GIRL's POSTURE HERE months ago, I thought I wouldn't be able to do it or that it would take me months of practice before I can attempt to do it. But lo, I was able to do it on my first try!! Was able to do it with my right foot on tiptoe, then later on left foot on tiptoe and then twice over as we had to repeat the poses twice. I was practically grinning to myself in front of the mirror in the classroom. =D

I just wish though they have a class here in Alabang...Makati is just so far for me who doesn't have her own car (yet hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment