Wednesday 5 November 2008

Petroleum Refining Conference

Got my first experience in attending an international professional conference today. And it was a curious experience as I got to learn the latest in petroleum upgrading and some of the latest concerns in our field. What was actually more of a challenge for me was to interact with the different learned professionals and talk/interact with them on a professional level whilst devouring my sushi.

Was so happy though that for once, nobody considered me a "young girl" and conversed with me on an equal level and listened as well to what I have to say, albeit they did most of the talking while I did much of the asking haha.

Was surprised though that they remembered me from earlier (I always thought people would easily forget my face..hehe). And was happy with one of the presentor's reaction (and my boss' at that, hehe) to my question to him earlier during the conference; hence paving for a longer professional discussion when later we talked during dinner.

Well, for some, my experience today might be just the usual everyday affair for them. But still, i'm gonna note this as this was my first time. And i'm gonna note this cause for the first time, i'm not a "young girl/lady" anymore.

I was reminded though with today's lectures that there's soooo much that i'm yet to learn about my field.

Anyways, i hope tomorrow's gonna be just as great, or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment