Friday 15 September 2006

Looking Young

It felt like a compliment way back then, when people comment on how young I look. But frankly, it is a bother for me now...

On my first few days at Site, those "adults" either call me young lady or girl. It was all I could do to stop myself from wailing with indignance. For sure no one there considers me a "grown-up woman" (categorizing myself as a woman is another issue though, hehe).

Come HAZOP for FRCCS, it was worse. On our first day (we were having the afternoon snacks then...just ample time for people to gage one another and have their first impressions of one another), a colleague thought I was a student trainee attached to their company for a time. Another one uttered that famous Jap "Ehhh??!!" when he knew I've already been working a number of years and that he should call me his sempai. He said by my looks he thought I was younger than him (he was by the way, 2 years younger than me).

Then yesterday, we had our LPG changed (boy, how we waited for that "coming!" and "on their way already" for us to cook our marinated porkchop. Good thing there was Wheel of Time and Initial D). The delivery guy chitchatted with us a bit. He assumed we were students here. And he was talking to me.

Surely im not that naive-looking. Am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment