Friday 4 August 2006

Assumptions

The Wheel of Time was no match with the songs played in Coffee Bean.

From reading Perrin's first Trolloc "battle" as Two River's leader, the romantic songs enticed and made me introspective yet again. Sipping on my Tea Latte and staring at a distance, thoughts in turmoil, I saw past a guy standing another girl idling with a magazine as she sipped on her own mug. The sight brought a small smile on my face as I thought, "there, there is an ally"...alone and emoting with a little help of the coffee shop's ambiance.

The small smile I had was still on when the guy blocking the view moved away, revealing a guy sitting beside the girl I was looking at earlier.

A guy happily taking pictures of the girl even though the girl wasn't paying him any attention. A guy so taken with his girl that he was staring at her lovingly when he's not taking her snapshots.

Head shaking and with a bigger smile on my face, I got back to reading how Faile got the better of Perrin.

No ally, after all.

Alone again, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment