Monday 12 December 2005

Another weekend that was...

Thursday night, we had again a little high school reunion as Beth and i met Kathy and her boyfriend who are currently on a shopping and sightseeing spree, touring around Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and then later Hong Kong. Got lost actually while i was on my way looking for her hotel in Clark Quay. I was straining my neck, looking far away for the Swissotel (and actually walking two blocks down) when it was just right behind me. hehe..Havent met Kathy since college and although there were some nasty rumors going around about her, she is still the same nice, warm and thoughtful Kathy I knew back then. Oh well, she said herself that I still am the same old Meg as she knew back in high school - the same romantic girl. She made that comment (during dinner at a posh seafood restaurant where Kathy treated us to) after i drew their attention to the couple on the next table who were so sweet. My, the guy (a Caucasian by the way) could pass for a movie actor (he's that gorgeous!!!)!! Lucky girlfriend..hehehe..

Friday night, we watched "Perhaps Love". It was a musical with handsome Takeshi Kaneshiro as the lead actor. I heard from the radio the movie costs some US$10M and it was their entry for Oscar's foreign film category. Not sure though if they'll make it to the nominations..hehe..

Saturday was shopping day for me. Still havent bought all the items i needed to buy though..=(
After all the shopping frenzy (and it got me a nasty headache), we headed off to meet the rest of "the gang" for a bowling gimmick and eat all you can at Steam Boat in Marina Bay where Mother Hen will be treating us. The dinner was fun as we cook our food right there at our table and then eat it right away. We didnt have the extra hands to take our pictures though as we got our hands full with the cooking and eating. Anyways, as sweaty as we are with all the heat coming from the stove, we'd rather not have our pictures taken..hehe.. As Kiko put it, it was a once of a lifetime experience as once you've experienced it, you wouldnt want to do it again..hahaha..The food tasted good anyways..=)

Mmmmm..sunday was a hectic day. Been to a lot of places, running errands, buying gifts and meeting Kathy again to drop off my packages for my family. Not only did she treat me (yet again) to another posh restaurant but she gave me a cute doll-figurine from Thailand to add to my doll collection. Whoppie!!! My Asian dolls are almost complete... High time to start collecting from countries in another continent (okay Meg, dream on!!!hehe).

The travel to Kathy's hotel (which was an hour away from my place) was quite eventful. First, i got on the train which was heading to the opposite direction (now, what was i thinking when i boarded the train?). Then, when i did board the right train later, i got so enraptured with the Negi Magi manga i was reading that i didnt realize we already passed the station where i was supposed to get off. Baka me!!hehe...

Anyways, Kathy and i have a different kind of humor. The people at the table beside us were having their pictures taken and as Kathy and i had the best angle, we also took a pose and gave our best smile as their cameraman did his countdown..hahahaha...We had a good laugh after that. Only, it turned to embarrassed giggles when we realized the people at the next table were Filipinos! hahaha..

Oh well..it's another work week again..

No comments:

Post a Comment